42-40 Bell Boulevard, Suite 205
Bayside, New York 11361
Mission Statement: The Tourette Association is dedicated to making life better for all people affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders by:
- Raising public awareness and fostering social acceptance.
- Working to advance scientific understanding, treatment options and care.
- Educating professionals to better serve the needs of children, adults and families challenged by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
- Advocating for public policies and services that promote positive school, work and social environments.
- Providing help, hope and a supportive community across the nation.
- Empowering our community to deal with the complexities of this spectrum of disorders.
Overview: The Tourette Association of America (TAA) was founded in 1972. They are the only national voluntary non-profit membership organization in this field. The TAA has a comprehensive website which contains a wealth of information. Some of the topics covered are: general information about Tourette Syndrome; what to do when you have a new diagnosis; resources for families, educators, and medical professionals; medical and scientific research programs; bullying prevention; newsletters; online videos and webinars; how to find a local support group, Center of Excellence, or medical professional; the latest research; education and accommodations; etc.
The website allows individuals to learn about Tourette Syndrome, including the diagnostic criteria. Information is also given about possible comorbid conditions, such as ADHD and OCD. The website also allows individuals to conduct their own research via a comprehensive database of information, including medical and scientific articles.
In order to easily navigate the website, it is broken down into sections for parents, children and teens, and for adults. News and events are listed in a separate section.
Find a medical professional in Arkansas by clicking here.
Age Groups Served: ALL ages
Diagnoses Served: Tourette Syndrome
Geographic Areas Served: ALL counties in Arkansas. Entire country.