Services & Support
The F2F HIC of Arkansas is a non-profit family-run organization that assists families of children and youth with special care needs (CYSHCN) and the professionals who serve them. We provide health- related information, resources, support and training.
We understand the issues that families face. And by partnering with families we try to help them make the best informed decisions they can for their children and for their family. The F2F HIC of Arkansas is uniquely qualified to help families because it is staffed by people who are themselves parents and caregivers of children with disabilities and special health care needs. Our regional coordinators have first hand experience in navigating the maze of health care services and programs for CYSHCN in Arkansas.
Assistance and Activities Provided by the F2F HIC of Arkansas
Our program has been designed to inform, educate and assist families of CYSHCN in a variety of ways and a number of different areas:
- Health-related information, resources, support, and training
- Referral services that connect families to other families, to professionals and to health-related programs available
- Outreach to under-served/under-represented areas of Arkansas
- Family/professional training seminars and workshops
- Assistance with planning health-care transition to adult services
- Networking with parents and caregivers to create family leaders that will become advocates and educators for CYSHCN in Arkansas
- Promote family engagement and advocacy