PO Box 1437, Slot S401
Little Rock, AR 72203
501-376-2211 or 1-800-457-4454
Mission Statement: Medicaid is a program that helps pay for medical services for needy and low-income persons.
Overview: Medicaid offers payment assistance for medical treatment to disabled individuals. Medicaid uses state and federal money to reimburse health care providers for covered medical services provided to eligible needy individuals in certain categories. Eligibility is determined based on income, resources, Arkansas residency, and other requirements. Covered services vary among categories. The Department of Human Services (DHS) runs the Medicaid program in Arkansas. DHS’ Division of County Operations provides Medicaid eligibility and enrollment assistance.
The following groups of individuals, among others, qualify for Medicaid:
- Blind or disabled individuals, based on Social Security Administration criteria, who meet income, resource, and other requirements are eligible for full Medicaid coverage.
- Needy children under age 19 who meet income, resource, and other requirements are eligible for full Medicaid coverage under the ARKids First program.
- A parent or other caretaker relative of children under age 18 with an absent, disabled, or unemployed parent who meet income, resource, and other requirements are eligible for full Medicaid coverage.
- Alternatives for Adults with Physical Disabilities covers individuals between the ages of 21 and 65 who are physically disabled and would be eligible for Medicaid if they were in a nursing facility, but choose to remain at home.
- DDS Alternative Community Services covers developmentally disabled individuals of any age who would be eligible for Medicaid if they were in a nursing facility, but choose to remain at home.
- Working Disabled provides full coverage to disabled individuals who are working. The amount of the participant’s co-pay depends upon his or her income.
Age Groups Served: ALL ages
Diagnoses Served: ALL delays and disabilities
Geographic Areas Served: ALL counties in Arkansas. Online resources.