322 Main Street, Suite 501
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-454-8542 or 1-800-342-2923
Mission Statement: The mission of the AAROC is to provide Hope, Direction & Support to families of individuals diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, and we fulfill our mission through: (1) family support activities such as family fun days, information and referral services, and emotional support; (2) education and training opportunities for families, caregivers, and professionals, and; (3) awareness and advocacy activities such as participation on the Arkansas Autism Legislative Task Force.
Overview: The Arkansas Autism Resource & Outreach Center (AAROC) was established in January 2008 as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. AAROC provides parental support, education, training, and advocacy for and on behalf of autistic individuals and their families.
Parental Support services include:
- Family Fun Days to defer the cost for families to enjoy a day at the Little Rock Zoo or an Arkansas Traveler’s Game
- Information and referral services to assist families with identifying available services, eligibility criteria, and necessary paperwork
- Emotional support by connecting families to other families in their community who have similar experiences
- Technical assistance answering questions on a variety of topics including school issues, IEPS, Medicaid services, postsecondary options, and behavioral challenges
Education and training services consist of:
- Information and resources regarding how to receive a diagnosis of autism
- Information on relevant Medicaid services and other support organizations
- Seminars and conferences for parents, therapists, educators, and health care professionals
- A four-part series offered quarterly for parents whose children have been newly diagnosed
Age Groups Served: ALL ages
Diagnoses Served: Autism, Asperger’s, Autism Spectrum Disorder
Geographic Areas Served: ALL counties in Arkansas. Online resources.